Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    Probably know the answer, but does Adelphia/Comcast offer an HD package in this area? If so, how much $$?

    Also, anyone tried to pick up the OTA HD signal from WCYB, WJHL, etc.?
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    I have wondered how the Over The Air singal picks up around here too
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    The real question is, does the tri cities networks offer a HD feed? If so, I sell Samsung HD OTA receivers and they tend to work pretty well.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    WCYB is digital, whatever that means.

    I've noticed for the last few days that ch. 16 (CYWB) has grey bars on the top and bottom.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    Digital and HD are two separate things. I will try and see if I can find out when they may be upgrading to HD. Take for instance, all satellite signals are digital, but not many are HD yet.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    [ QUOTE ]
    Digital and HD are two separate things. I will try and see if I can find out when they may be upgrading to HD. Take for instance, all satellite signals are digital, but not many are HD yet.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That I know, but I figured that WCYB would have gone HD by now considering how they tend to stay at the forefront of technology.

    I'm going to call Adelphia/Comcast/whateverthehelltheyare tomorrow and see what they say.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Adelphia HD...and OTA HD

    I dont think it's offered around here yet. I think it will be when the Comcast deal is completed, and everything is updated.
    However, on a side note, I saw Comcast HD up in Baltimore this past Thanksgiving, and it's incredible, and a few local baltimore news channels had HD, it's awesome. Love it. Comcast is right on the mark with it, cannot wait til we get it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •